Ahh, there’s nothing quite like the smell of fresh flowers and a clean home in the spring! I love keeping my place tidy and sparkling clean. Even if you don’t find joy in cleaning, it’s still important to make time to do it. As you work through your spring cleaning list this month, don’t forget to take care of these places that are often overlooked!
- Ceiling Fans and Light Fixtures – Dust loves to collect around light fixtures. Clean your fixtures off using a microfiber cloth or a Swiffer duster.
- Windows/Blinds – Sprayway Glass Cleaner is a wonderful product to clean windows (and mirrors) with. Use a feather duster to clean your blinds.
- Hardwoods – Once you’ve cleaned your hardwood floors, go over them with a finishing product. I like to use Parker and Bailey’s Wood Floor Cleaner.
- Heating and Air Vents – Apply a cleaning spray and use a paint brush to clean in between the grooves of the vents.
- Baseboards – Use a dryer sheet to pick up the dust and help to prevent things from collecting there in the future.
- Kitchen Cabinets – Wipe your cabinets with a microfiber cloth then follow with a wet rag and mild dishwasher detergent. Make sure to clean off the tops too!
- Appliances – Empty out your refrigerator and microwave and then wipe them down with distilled white vinegar. Remove the shelves to rinse with soap and warm water. And don’t forget to get rid of expired food from the fridge while you’re at it!
- Mattresses – Vacuum your mattresses then flip them over. I love putting sachets (I get mine at Kirklands) under my mattresses to give them a long lasting fresh smell.
- Blankets and Comforters – Comforters and throws scattered throughout the house are typically forgotten about. Make sure you wash these occasionally.
Cleaning isn’t always fun but it sure is rewarding. So grab your cleaning supplies, roll up your sleeves and get to it! Check back for future blog posts with additional tips and tricks to keep your home clean inside and out.