Everybody loves a little extra value! Whether you’re looking to sell your home or planning to stay for many more years, putting a little time and money into updating will pay off big. Here are a few things you can do to update and increase the value of your home’s interior:
- Update light fixtures – It’s amazing the difference that changing a chandelier or ceiling fan can make in a room. Light fixtures not only brighten up a space but they can also add a lot of character. I love choosing fixtures that double as statement pieces – look for a future post on some of my favorites.
- Add crown molding and/or judges paneling – These extra details will bring a bit more character and sophistication to your home. Choosing a wall color that contrasts well with your new trim will add additional interest to the space.
- Install updated hardware – Don’t have the time or money to replace cabinets and counter tops in your kitchen or bathroom? No worries! Try switching out your drawer pulls for any easy update. This makes a huge impact for a small amount of cash. If you want to go a little further, replace your faucet with a piece that matches the new hardware.
- Install new flooring – Using the same flooring throughout your home gives the space a larger, more open concept feel. Use area rugs to define spaces. If you’d rather not install new flooring, make your existing hardwood floors like new by having them refinished.
- Invest in new appliances – New appliances can completely change the feel of a space. My husband and I love our new black stainless kitchen appliances that we recently purchased from Lowe’s.
When it comes to updating your home’s interior, a little bit can go a long way. Try a few of these things in your own home. You won’t regret it!