Every home has it – a space right inside the door that quickly becomes cluttered with random things left over from each day. From car keys and mail to pens and scissors, it’s important these things stay organized or they can quickly leave your catch-all space cluttered and ineffective. Here are a few simple things you can invest in to ensure your space doesn’t get out of control:
- A drawer to keep all the essentials – A catch-all space typically consists of a number of knick knacks – like pens, scissors, and stamps – that could stand to be organized. Find a piece of furniture that includes a few drawers so you can keep all the random things together but hidden.
- A place to organize your mail – This gold letter organizer from Target is the perfect solution to keep all our snail mail organized while still visible so it’s not forgotten about.
- A little extra lighting – Add a small lamp to provide some extra lighting in your space. We like to leave our lamp on when we’re planning to be out of the house past dark – it ensures we won’t be coming home to a pitch dark home.
- A place to hang your keys – We love these magnetic wooden states we’ve hung above our space to organize our keys. Get something like this and you’ll never misplace your keys again (as long as you remember to hang them up when you get home)!
- A way to keep track of your days – We love this perpetual calendar we bought on Amazon. It’s a fun and easy way to keep up with the date.
If you follow these simple steps, you’ll be well on your way to keeping a tidy catch-all space – keeping all the essentials organized and right at your fingertips.