You know what they say – first impressions are everything! A well polished front entrance creates an interesting and welcoming environment for your guests from the moment they arrive. And if you’re looking to sell your home, you’re bound to have more potential buyers stop by if they like what they see on the outside. Here are a few simple changes you can make to create a big impact at your front door.
- Paint the front door – Freshen up your front door with a paint color that compliments the home’s exterior. We love the teal color we chose to paint this front door.
- Replace Hardware – Updating hardware can make a huge difference for a front door. We replaced this door’s outdated shiny brass handle with a more traditional oil rubbed bronze fixture.
- Add a Wreath – A wreath can create a lot of interest in your front door space by adding extra color, texture and depth. We chose a floral wreath we found at Kirkland’s for this front door.
- Add a Welcome Mat – Choose a welcome mat that compliments your new front door color. The mat will add some fun to the space and also give your guests a place to wipe their shoes before entering your home. We’ve found that Target and Hobby Lobby always have great selections of welcome mats to choose from.
- Plant Some Flowers – We LOVE flowers. They help to soften any space. Add some extra dimension by placing your flowers in a variety of planters. The only catch is you’ve got to remember to water them. Droopy plants don’t do much to improve the look of a front entrance. 🙂
It’s amazing what a few small changes can do to totally transform a space! With just a little bit of time and a small budget, you can make big improvements to your home’s front entrance.
We’d love to help you discover all the potential your home has. Contact us for more details!